Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Christmas 2012


I figured I'd share some of my Christmas 2012 goodies before it got too ridiculously late. 
Christmas has always involved a lot of food prep, but these days the family is getting larger. That being said, I don't think the food is having any trouble outpacing the total size of our combined stomachs. My mum has a thing for appetizers and I wonder whether I should suggest that next year we do nothing but that. It's hard to get to dinner without already being half-full, because her appetizers are so appetizing. My own contribution to the appetizers was to squeeze the cheese stick dough into prickly rows with the cookie press. I made the filling and crust for the tourtière, which I was particularly pleased with. I rolled out the pastry of the fish pie, which I couldn't eat because of my incipient fish allergy. Unfortunately, I didn't get any good shots of them after baking. I also made the dessert and was disappointed by it--I made the frozen lemon torte with almond dacquoise and balsamic raspberry reduction because I was trying to mix things up from our traditional frozen lemon torte while staying within the genre, but I won't be making it again. Or, if I do, I'll increase the proportions of raspberries by something astronomical.

The cheese crust recipe is lovely and has passed through a few hands, so I've added it in below. 








Presents are like catnip.


No comments:

Post a Comment